Jam Drops Easy Recipe,
Jam Drops also known as the Best Thumbprint Cookies, can be baked any day of the year and my Jam Drop biscuits are one of a selection I make for Easy Bake Christmas cookies
At Christmas time I push red glace cherry halves into the cookie instead of jam and they are so bright and colourful and then you can add the contrast colour of green glace cherry halves great Home baked cookie gift idea.
Jam Drop cookies or Thumb Print Cookies are called this because on your circles of cookie dough you press an indent with your thumb, (if looking for a more hygienic way use a cork) and fill these indents with your favourite Jam or filling
Jam Drops Easy Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups All-Purpose/ SR Flour (sifted)
- 3/4 cup Granulated sugar/Caster Sugar
- 1/2 cup Softened Butter or Margarine
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 Cup favourite Jam/filling
- If baking for Christmas
- Red Glace Cherries
- Green Glace Cherries
Jam Drops Easy Recipe Method
Makes approximately 30
- Turn on your oven 360 F, 180 C , 160 Fan Forced
- Prepare 2 baking trays, I like to add a baking paper to mine.
- Beat Butter and Sugar, to a cream
- Add Eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Add the teaspoon of Vanilla Essence.
- Add your flour a little at a time
- Mix well until the dough is stiff.
- Take pinches of your dough and roll into balls
- Place onto your greased or baking paper lined baking trays
- The mixture spreads so leave about 2 finger widths apart
- Press your indents into the cookie balls
- Fill with about 1/2 teaspoon of jam
- If using the red or green Glace Cherries no indents needed for this method place a half cherry into the middle of your cookie balls.
- Bake in your pre-heated oven 15-20 minutes
- After about 10 minutes swap your trays around in the oven until they are all baked golden brown.
Amazon genuine Customer review
You will find many genuine reviews on the Airbake Cookie Sheets and they certainly sold it to me and also you seem to be able to bake about 4 dozen cookies. Way to go if you are having a Bake Sale too.